I love experimenting. One of the first thing i did when the early versions of monsterku were sketched out, was experimenting on how to create actions figures or vinyl toys. All i could think of at the time was plasticine.It was pretty easy to use but after awhile, i found it wasn't solid enough to build a mold of. So i tried using self hardening clay (water based) next, which was not bad because for one thing, it was cheap! And two,you don't need kiln to bake the clay. However, because it's a self hardening clay,it dries up pretty quickly especially once water is applied.Therefore you have to work really fast. There's pros/cons with this material,but as a start i think the result was ok.Plus,you get to color the figurines once the clash are dried.And that itself was an experiment as well. I went pretty wild with the patterns and colors.Originally the monsterku's suppose to be simple with desaturated colors.In the end it turn out to be something unexpected.
6/30/2014 09:00:27 am
Great blog, love the template.
Leave a Reply.
Enjoys drawing quirky, funny monsters and ghosts.